We're back home after the long weeekend at a marriage seminar. We had a fun time, though we're quite worn out. Gerhard's tough though, he went to work after dropping me off at home this morning. At lunch, he didn't even take a nap. I, on the other hand, took a nap between 10:30-noon and again between 2pm-4:45. Whew, hope I can still sleep tonight. We both had trouble sleeping the past nights...strange place and all. Plus, my body is so used to our waterbed, it doesn't like sleeping on a hard mattress. The baby likes to play at night too...though he may have just been trying to get Gerhard to stop snoring. hee hee.
The seminar was great. We're planning to go back again next year. Most of the time the food was also good. When they offered pork, I could usually find an alternative. Monday night, however, they only offered smoked fish, so we actually made a run to McDonalds with another couple, their three kids and the two childcare workers. Livin on the wild side huh...skippen out on dinner? We were up late every evening chatting with old friends and new ones from this event. Every morning, the building intercom system woke us up at 7:30 with a few gongs & a couple of songs. Breakfast started at 8:30am, lunch at noon, coffee & cake at 2:30pm and dinner at 6pm with the seminars at 9:30am & 7:30pm. There were also some special alternative events either midafternoon or late night as well so I doubt anyone got bored. They also have a café and a bookstore where any purchases can be paid for either by dropping the money in a box or writing it down on a little card to be turned in when checking out of the room. Hard to find an honor system like that any more these days.
About the baby...he gets very active when we play country music! Not sure if that's a sign he likes it or he'd rather it be turned off. We're tending towards the first. We have four more months to go and my belly is getting bigger each week. This is week 24...16 to go! My earlier problems with certain foods and smells are practically gone. The strangest craving would still be pickle juice, though due to the high quantity of salt, I don't give in. I'll have to go clothes shopping soon since I'm down to only a hand full of things that still fit. Tomorrow I go to a friend from church who is a massage therapist to get a special massage for pregnancy. In many cases, massages during pregnancy prove to reduce stress during the delivery.
Hummm, I'm tired, think I'll go get some rest....again!
The seminar was great. We're planning to go back again next year. Most of the time the food was also good. When they offered pork, I could usually find an alternative. Monday night, however, they only offered smoked fish, so we actually made a run to McDonalds with another couple, their three kids and the two childcare workers. Livin on the wild side huh...skippen out on dinner? We were up late every evening chatting with old friends and new ones from this event. Every morning, the building intercom system woke us up at 7:30 with a few gongs & a couple of songs. Breakfast started at 8:30am, lunch at noon, coffee & cake at 2:30pm and dinner at 6pm with the seminars at 9:30am & 7:30pm. There were also some special alternative events either midafternoon or late night as well so I doubt anyone got bored. They also have a café and a bookstore where any purchases can be paid for either by dropping the money in a box or writing it down on a little card to be turned in when checking out of the room. Hard to find an honor system like that any more these days.
About the baby...he gets very active when we play country music! Not sure if that's a sign he likes it or he'd rather it be turned off. We're tending towards the first. We have four more months to go and my belly is getting bigger each week. This is week 24...16 to go! My earlier problems with certain foods and smells are practically gone. The strangest craving would still be pickle juice, though due to the high quantity of salt, I don't give in. I'll have to go clothes shopping soon since I'm down to only a hand full of things that still fit. Tomorrow I go to a friend from church who is a massage therapist to get a special massage for pregnancy. In many cases, massages during pregnancy prove to reduce stress during the delivery.
Hummm, I'm tired, think I'll go get some rest....again!
No comments:
Post a Comment