Friday after our naps, I picked up Tyler & we drove to Weil der Stadt. The weather was supposed to be sunny, but it turned cloudy. First stop was one of the Italian ice cream shops. We each got two scoops this time instead of sharing. It was yummy! After eating our ice-cream, we walked through all the little discount stores in that shopping area. I gave him one Euro to pick out something to buy. He wasn't interested in anything to do with Bob the Builder or with tractors and the things he found with horses were too expensive for his budget, so the search continued. One store had a jewelry section & he noticed some blue beads that he just had to have. Good thing they cost only 99 cents. Once he paid and got his bag, he thought that meant he could go fill up the bag with other beads he liked. I explained to him it doesn't work that way & distracted him enough to get him out of the store. Outside, he noticed the store across the street & remembered they give free candy to kids at the check-out. I needed some organic soy-sauce anyway, so off we went. Tyler also made it clear that he was not interested in getting into a cart. I told him I can't pick him up that high anyway, so he'd have to hold my hand while walking through the store. That was fine by him. I gave him some cash to pay for the soy sauce and he was given two pieces of candy, but not interested in getting the change. Good thing or we'd have to go buy more beads.
Once in the car, we called Gerhard to find out when he could get off work. He said he only needed a few more minutes and we could meet at a playground. Tyler and I were very excited. At the playground, Tyler showed Gerhard how good he was going up on the slide and running across the swinging bridge. After a while, Gerhard suggested we go check out a new playground on the other side of town, so off we went. At that playground, there were only two girls. They told us they were in the 5th grade. Tyler had a ball talking to them and following them around. When he heard them mention getting some chocolate from their bag for a snack, he followed them and told them he liked chocolate too. They thought he was so cute. He begged them to catch him when he slid down the slide & they did. He had a blast.
6pm snuck up too fast, so we had to go home. That's about the time it gets dark around here now. After playing in so much sand, Tyler was actually ready for a bath, so he got one shortly after we dropped him off. We found out later he was worn out and went to bed early.
No comments:
Post a Comment