Sunday rolled around again and it was a beautiful day. Temps in the 60's with lots of sunshine. Felt like Spring!
We have a new Interim Pastor at church, Charlie Long, a retired Baptist preacher. This was his second Sunday at church. He is a funny as well as good preacher. We are glad he was available to come for this three - six month time period. Roland and Tyler were in the service as well. We can't all sit together since I'm too much of a distraction for Tyler. Just can't help myself, he's too cute. Gerhard is also not innocent when it comes to kids in church. There are always some babies or kids around where we sit & they always catch Gerhard's eyes and giggle.
After church, I was the fortunate one to get to change a poopy diaper. It was so crowded at that moment that the only place I could find to use was the pastor's office. Shhhh don't tell. There was (heaven sent) a can of air freshener right by the door, so all traces were vaporised. At least I hope so. Afterwards, Tyler gobbled up the gummy bears I had for him in my basket. It's a habit to find a treat from time to time in my basket, so I try to not forget.
In Sunday School, on of the American ladies with base access brought yummy bagels and blueberry muffins for snacks. What a treat! So much so, I wasn't hungry for lunch, so exchanged that for a nap later at home. Sunday School is so much fun, we enjoy it and wish everyone would/could be a part of a Bible study group.
Sunday evening was Church Family Conference (church business meeting). Sure sometimes church business can get a bit hectic, but also exciting to see how the Lord works through the church. One of the highlights was voting about the baby church IBC has recently founded. It's a German speaking Baptist church in an area of government assisted living. The government even built a building the church could use for free. Certainly not something governments usually do for churches.
Even though it ended after 9pm, we joined Felice, Kevin and Petra at KFC for some chicken and fellowship. Sunday's are fun days.
No comments:
Post a Comment