First, hope everyone is having a great start in 2008! Wow, it's 2008! All those years ago, as a teen, who didn't think that living in the year 2008 was faaaarrrr off? Look at us now... livin in the year 2008! Now where are all those flying cars the movies promised we'd be flying around by now? Not to mention those instant food replicators and other wildly high tech items. Long as we have Internet, all is well!
Today we had a check-up at 2:30pm. It's week 19 already! Almost halfway through, though I'm still hardly showing or gaining. The Dr. said everything is progressing naturally, so I shouldn't worry. Just before the appointment, we ate lunch and I was so full. It was too funny seeing the baby turn around on the screen as if he didn't want us to watch him. So, to try to verify the baby being a boy, the Dr. had to try to get the baby to cooperate by jostling the Doppler around on my belly. It seems even more certain now that it is a boy. Next appointment, on the 28th, is at noon, so we'll eat lunch afterwards. Maybe that wont cause the baby to cooperate, but it should help me to be more comfortable.
We didn't get a photo again, but we watched as the baby's measurements were taken of his head, body and legs. He's 20cm long, still weighing next to nothing, though everything seems to be formed correctly. We could see all his bones. Looked like a little skeleton. He was upside down pushing his head on my bladder and feet into my bellybutton. I sure wouldn't want to be floating upside down all the time, but babies apparently don't mind which end is up or down. We listened to his heart beat for a couple of seconds. Our Dr. says the heartbeat sounds could disturb the baby, so he doesn't let it play long. Gerhard is for sure hoping the baby likes country. We'll know when he starts trying to do some two-steppin on my bladder.
We are just so excited. I was a bit worried from having that cold and horrible cough that something could have caused a problem. We are praying every day for the health of this little baby and for the peace that everything is fine and in the Lord's hands. I'm still having occasions of nauseousness, but it's been around a week since the last throw up episode, thankfully!
Now, we have five months to figure out a name. Gerhard wants to choose first name & says I get to choose the middle name. Guess for the first kid that is acceptable. Well, unless he decides to follow Brad Paisley and call him Huckelberry! hee hee!
2 comments:
Everything sounds good, doesn't it? I'm excited too! AND speaking of names.....Elvis sounds good. heheheheheh Just kidding. Now I always thought, if I had a boy, he would be named Pearson, calling him Pearse for short. But that is just me since that was my maiden name. heheheheheh I'm sure ya'll will decide on a good name.
How exciting! Nineteen weeks already! Time really is flying! How about David (you can pronounce it like they do in Israel) or Michael, or Isaiah, or Jeremiah, or Joshua or Bob..... Can't wait to hear what you come up with! Will it be German or American or both - or Hebrew (from the Bible)?
Post a Comment