
Here's how it looked when we woke up this morning!

It snowed all day yesterday, but with the rain the day before that, nothing could stick. Over night it started sticking & has actually been snowing all morning, so there is more. Gerhard talked with Tyler on the phone earlier today. Tyler kept saying "Schneemann, Schneemann!!" (that's German for snowman). The snow is supposed to stop, but the temps will remain below freezing! It's 0°C right now. brrrrrrrr! How are those 60° & 70°F over in Charlotte, NC?? Winter certainly started early here!
It's week 12 and I managed to pick up a cold this past weekend. It seems to have increased the pregnancy symptoms as well. Fortunately I've not had a temperature. The days have brought more nauseousness & there seems to be no food that can tempt me. Well, I guess if there was a profi chef in the kitchen who could whip up a fillet steak at the snap of my fingers...that would be a different story all together. Gerhard comes home for lunch every day, so I cook. Usually, this is something that causes me no trouble. Now however, as soon as I start thinking about what to cook, my mouth starts watering (not in a good way) & I practically break out in a cold sweat. Out of three lunches this week so far, one had to be ordering pizza! Not a regular thing for us. It is 11:30am as I write this & though I have defrosted a piece of beef, my mind is refusing to consider what to cook. Gerhard will be home around 1pm, so hopefully by then there will be something cooking. Soup of some sort will probably be the result. I did make cream of potato soup earlier this week & it was so yummy. Don't have enough potatoes to make that again, which is good since I've got to watch my starch intake.
On the weekends, Gerhard says he will take me out to lunch. This past weekend, we went to a nice Italian restaurant on Saturday where I had the most delicious tomato soup and a salad. Sunday, to a German restaurant where I again had tomato soup (though not as good as the Italian's) as well as chicken breast, baked potato and salad. Needless to say, the soup and salad would have been plenty.
I really do enjoy cooking, so I hope this phase passes soon.
Gerhard has been swamped at work. He's got nine appointments on the calendar for this week. He did get his Winter tires put on just in time for the snow. We are designing a new website for Gerhard that will allow people Germany wide to sign up on-line for dental insurance. That is a huge market here right now. I've had to put the remainder of my part on hold for now since it can't have any mistakes & my brain is often too foggy to work on it. Hopefully we'll be able to get the rest of the information to the web designer in the next weeks so the site can get up and running soon. On his business site, he receives thousands of clicks each week Germany wide, so with this new site, even those people far away can sign up without an appointment.
Guess I can't prolong the inevitable any longer... I must go to the kitchen. Don't say it... I'm keeping my shoes ON!
2 comments:
Great pictures! I sure hope it snows here this year. Yesterday, it was very warm. Today, it's starting out in the 60's, then this afternoon, going into the 50's, then tonight into the 40's and very windy. I think the mountains might have a little snow today. Signing off: Weather Woman - Mom
Cool! Send some snow this way!!!
Post a Comment