Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing everyone a very
Happy Thanksgiving!


We aren't celebrating over here. It's just not the same, plus, Gerhard has three appointments today and tomorrow and one on Saturday, so no time off. We'll get back to Charlotte one of these years again on Thanksgiving. Last time we talked with RyLee (our nephew) on the phone, he said we should come over to their house next time they have turkey. How cute is that?

We did find a decent artificial tree. It's already put together actually since I wanted to make sure all the parts were there. Good thing too since one of the branches were missing. By the time we got back to the store, they were all sold, but we were able to take a branch from the display tree. Whew! It's not as large as the real trees we usually buy, but that is ok. I'm tired of dealing with the real trees and the tiny bugs that tend to infest my houseplants. Maybe I'll go ahead and at least put the lights on the tree today. I don't care of people think it is too early. Actually, we've seen a couple of houses already with Christmas lights on them. Since my energy tends to be limited, I want to get a little done at a time at least, though I'm not going to decorate the windows this year.

Delta flights from Charlotte to Stuttgart in December are running around $400. Mom was able to get off work short notice to visit the 5th - 12th. Everybody is excited. She'll be able to go to the Christmas Markets too & maybe see some snow. The rain has washed away the snow from last week, but more is supposed to be on the way.

Reminder:
For all of you taking family photos,
be sure to e-mail one to us.
You may even end up on our blog,
but don't let that stop you.

1 comment:

Shawn Jennings said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! We put our tree up this weekend too, since I don't have another long weekend off from work before Christmas. I got a new artificial tree this year too, but I decided to get one with lights on it so that I don't have to mess with them. I love it! I'll send pictures when we take them.

Our Current Date & Time