So, we've got some new addictions around our house.
Shawn recently invited me to join the Hickory Grove Singles Friends Forever Community. It's been so much fun logging in each day to see who new has signed up & where they are in their lives. Since the website is so cool, I decided to create one for our church here. Over the years, IBC has seen hundreds of people come and go. Now we have another site to check each day to see who has joined. To make it even more interesting, I created a site for my mother's side of the family to join as a reunion type thing. To top it all off,,,,Several months ago, Kathy Mauch invited me to join Facebook. With the move, preparing for Teodor and so on, I didn't take the time to sign on...until a few days ago that is.
If you are not familiar with Facebook, but you know people, you probably know someone who uses Facebook. We are finding friends we've not heard from in years. It is very exciting. The easiest way to find people is through their e-mail addresses since some names could be held by multiple people, however for the people from 'way back when' that's not really an option. So, we make searches of friends from our childhood hoping a photo will come up of someone we recognize. It's crazy I know, but fun. I chatted today with Justin. He was just a kid when we first met in 1999 at IBC. He played a bit of match making with us back then. We lost contact when they moved back to the US. Now he's grown ... and I feel so old! He still took the time to chat with us 'old folk' even though his friend list is outrageous! He's just so cool, no wonder he has so many friends.
I could go on and on about it, but I wont. You can discover for yourself who you know on Facebook. If you join, let me know & you can at least have me as a friend. Just a note of warning though...it is fun, so you just might get addicted too!
Shawn recently invited me to join the Hickory Grove Singles Friends Forever Community. It's been so much fun logging in each day to see who new has signed up & where they are in their lives. Since the website is so cool, I decided to create one for our church here. Over the years, IBC has seen hundreds of people come and go. Now we have another site to check each day to see who has joined. To make it even more interesting, I created a site for my mother's side of the family to join as a reunion type thing. To top it all off,,,,Several months ago, Kathy Mauch invited me to join Facebook. With the move, preparing for Teodor and so on, I didn't take the time to sign on...until a few days ago that is.
If you are not familiar with Facebook, but you know people, you probably know someone who uses Facebook. We are finding friends we've not heard from in years. It is very exciting. The easiest way to find people is through their e-mail addresses since some names could be held by multiple people, however for the people from 'way back when' that's not really an option. So, we make searches of friends from our childhood hoping a photo will come up of someone we recognize. It's crazy I know, but fun. I chatted today with Justin. He was just a kid when we first met in 1999 at IBC. He played a bit of match making with us back then. We lost contact when they moved back to the US. Now he's grown ... and I feel so old! He still took the time to chat with us 'old folk' even though his friend list is outrageous! He's just so cool, no wonder he has so many friends.
I could go on and on about it, but I wont. You can discover for yourself who you know on Facebook. If you join, let me know & you can at least have me as a friend. Just a note of warning though...it is fun, so you just might get addicted too!
No comments:
Post a Comment