Friday, September 7, 2007

CHIIIIIIILLLLYYYY!

That's what it is here. Just noticed on Charlotte.com that the high is expected to be 93°F. Here, maybe mid 50's. The whole week has been not over 60°F. Tomorrow might make it in the lower 60's. We've had rain this week too, it's raining right now.

Such a huge difference between here and Charlotte! Anybody over their wishing for an exchange? Well, you can keep your 90° temps!!!

It sure does feel like Fall, though temps in the 30's in the morning make it clear that Winter is just around the corner. I'd prefer a long Fall myself.

We've already busted out our long-sleeve shirts and jackets, though many people can be seen in Winter coats, scarves and hats. My Winter throw is on the couch & our coffee machine (Senseo) seems to call my name throughout the day. We don't drink as much coffee during the Summer months, though in the cooler months, we enjoy our after-lunch decaf coffee with foamy milk froth on top. We stopped using sugar in our coffee and instead use liquid stevia. Stevia doesn't effect the blood insulin the way sugar does & it is a natural sweetener. Artificial sweeteners give me migraines, not to mention they are just unhealthy in general. Better to just use stevia or small amounts of organic sugar. I use ground stevia on my grapefruit & it is quite tasty.

Now that the weather is cooler, I look forward to cooking more yummy soups as well as being able to use the oven. Cooking in the oven during the Summer in our house is very rare. If I have to bake, it's done only in the early morning or late evening hours. Without AC, we have to avoid excess heat in the house.

Speaking of cooking, I've got to get to the kitchen soon to start lunch. Broiled chicken is on the menu. Gerhard will be excited!

2 comments:

JoAnne Robinson said...

Ok, we'll keep the 90's, just bring us some rain! Ya'll didn't even have a summer, did you? Of course, I remember some hot days before I got over there back in May.

Shawn Jennings said...

No, I don't want the 90's! It's Fall here and we're still in the 90's! You know I hate hot weather and am looking forward to Autumn - if it ever shows up. We had a nice weekend that felt like Fall, but now it feels like Summer again. Still no rain either and all the leaves are changing color - to brown, then dying. :o( Send the Fall weather here!!! I want cool weather, hot chocolate and soup too!

Our Current Date & Time