Friday, January 26, 2007

Yellow Snow???

This morning before I could drive up to the farm, I had to clean my car off again. Since that took a while, I didn't bother to shovel the snow from the drive since it's still so soft. My car sits very low to the ground, but it made it over without spinning wheels. When I got back home, I decided to park backwards just in case so that the front would be facing out. As I got out, I noticed that the snow had bright yellow spots leading up to the front of my car. Turns out, the snow caused some kind of damage under my car & now the coolant is leaking. Gerhard came home & followed me to the Ford garage. We have to wait till they call to know the exact damage. Needless to say, I have now shoveled the drive down to a couple inches.

Here are some photos taken yesterday of Tyler on our walk in the snow. It was difficult making our way through the snow since the streets in our neighborhood are still so full. Tyler got tired quick, so I had to carry him over the deep parts. Once we were back inside, we threw bread crumbs out the living room window for the birds. He squealed with each throw & laughed so hard he lost his breath. He is a nut!





Notice the pile of snow on the bench...

...all gone now.

He was sitting in very deep pile on the bench. I had to carry him to the bench since all around it was over his knees & he couldn't make it through.


*********
Jan. 24th UPDATE on Steven Mauch - written by Kathy:
Steven has come home from the hospital - as of yesterday afternoon (Tues. Jan. 23rd - my goodness, what day is it today? I have lost all track of time). We had a rough first night - Steven kept us awake the whole night - and promptly fell asleep in the morning. HUMMPH! Where as Papa and myself tried to nap whenever we could! Steven is doing well, but he did come home with a monitor and an oxygen tank. I think we could have had a little sleep if the monitor worked correctly; it went off all the time and it sounds like a fire alarm...nothing peaceful about that. It is wonderful having him here with us - and nerve wracking at the same time. I read umpteen books - thought I had EVERYTHING under control until we brought him home and I lamented - "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIM!" But we survived the first night and day, so we'll continue to take it one day at a time! I want to thank EVERYONE for their prayers for our STEVEN. If you don't believe in the power of prayer, I ask you to take a closer look at the prayers answered in Steven's behalf.

1 comment:

Shawn Jennings said...

Hey! Great pictures of Tyler! I know he had a great time in the snow and feeding the birds. I'm sorry to hear about your car. I hope it can be fixed quickly and inexpensively. Great news about Steven!

Our Current Date & Time