I've taken up Nordic Walking again last week. Last year I Nordic Walked pretty regularly through the farm lands and woods around our town. Typically either 1 or 2 hours a time 3 - 5 times a week. This year I've raised the bar! I'm walking from our house to Weil der Stadt to pick up Gerhard's business mail at the Post Office and then deliver it to him in Merklingen and then walking back home. It's just at 15 km (9,32 mls) taking me almost 3 hours. I walk Mon-Thursday and Gerhard joins me on Saturday (Friday is grocery day so I take the car). We didn't make it the whole 15 km this past Saturday though since we stopped too much along the way talking with people we know. Once back in Merklingen, the sun was beating down too hard, so we drove his mom's car home for the last 3 km.
I just got back from this mornings walk. It's quite warm out there. Often animals will cross my path, either deer, fox or wild jack rabbits. Today's visitor was a snake! I picked him up and threw him back into the grass so he wouldn't be run over by a bike or dried up by the sun. Once, when the corn was high, there was something moving through the fields that looked like giant fingers popping up and down. Eventually several deer jumped out and went on their way. It sure is nice not living in a big city!
Guess I better jump in the shower before it's time to cook lunch. Have a great week...be sure to get outside for a walk!
1 comment:
I wish I lived in the country or the mountains! It's great to hear that you're getting out to walk. It's definitely good for you.
Post a Comment