Monday, December 3, 2007

Baby Update

We had a check-up today at 11:45am. Sorry, no photo this time, only one was printed & it has to stay in my file. We'll ask next time. This week begins week 15, so it is just on the verge of being able to find out the gender. It is still not 100% certain, but it looks like the baby is a BOY! The next visit on Jan. 3rd should confirm. From what we could see though, we're going to start saying He, to make it easier.

Everything is looking great! The baby is 15cm head to toe and quite active. As we were watching him today, the Dr. said, "Look at that, he has both his feet pushing right on the bladder." Gerhard & I started laughing since I was having to go relieve my bladder about every 5 - 10 min. the hour before leaving the house. That was the reason.

By blood pressure and blood sugar are in really good shape. I've not started gaining weight yet, so that's good too. I'm eating well and in proper portions... meaning not for two grown persons, like the trap many women fall into. Now that the 2nd trimester has started, I'm allowed to gain some weight, but it can't be from eating anything and everything in site. Sweets haven't been a stumbling block so far. I'll want something, like chocolate, or pastry but when I start to eat it, it almost always doesn't taste right. I'm still craving steak though. Could probably eat that every day. Oh yeah, even KFC turns me off. We couldn't eat there for lunch after the appointment because of it. Just thinking about it makes me queasy. Strange. So, today we drove over to the mall to eat in the Breuninger restaurant. They are set up cafeteria style, with individual stations for different entrees. Naturally, I went straight for the grill and ordered a steak, fries and a salad. It was so yummy! It wasn't tenderloin (had that for my birthday), but it was still very tender and done just the way I like it and under 10 Euro. (what I'd really like to have is an Arby's roast beef sandwich, so if anyone wants to overnight express some over in a cooler bag, be my guest!!!) ;-)

I don't have to take progesterone any longer. I'm glad, there started being some side effects that were not welcome; like the daily headaches this past week and the increase, instead of decline, of throwing-up. We'll have the blood test results of my thyroid in the next days to make sure my thyroid meds are still strong enough. They will need to be increased during the pregnancy as the baby grows.

Gerhard is very excited too & glad he is able to go with me to the appointments. He noticed right away that the baby's probably a boy...hee hee. As we walked back to the car, we were kind of in a daze & giddy. Suddenly he screamed "YEAH!", causing me to jump practically out of my skin. He's so crazy! Now, off on the wild ride of thinking (and fussing) about name choices.

1 comment:

Shawn Jennings said...

Such exciting good news! I remember when my sister was pregnant, she had to go the bathroom every 15 minutes. We were making a two hour drive and it was a long trip because we kept stopping. Keep taking care of yourself and let us know what names ya'll start coming up with!

Our Current Date & Time